Broken Fire Sprinkler Caused Apartment Water Damage

December 27, 2016

 

HANFORD — A broken fire sprinkler damaged two apartment units Saturday and summoned the Hanford Fire Department.

 

Battalion Chief Erik Brotemarkle said firefighters responded to a water flow alarm around 11:13 p.m. at the Casa Del Sol apartments in the 12100 block of Hanford Armona Road. Brotemarkle said fire sprinklers are linked to an alarm system that notifies the fire department. The alarms typically only sound in the event of a structure fire.

 

“We send a full structure fire response to any water flow alarm we get,” Brotemarkle said.

 

Firefighters arrived and determined the alarm had been triggered by a sprinkler head in an upstairs unit that had been accidentally knocked loose. Brotemarkle said firefighters worked with maintenance staff to replace the broken sprinkler and helped residents move furniture and other items to minimize water damage. It’s unclear how much damage the affected units sustained.

 

Workers shut off power to the affected units to a prevent water from getting into electrical wiring. Casa Del Sol apartments has about 80 units.

 

Brotemarkle said the Hanford Fire Department received at least two other reports of structure fires over the holiday weekend. Both fires were out before firefighters arrived.

Please reload

Featured Posts

Broken Sprinkler Causes Temporary Evacuation of School

October 22, 2015

1/2
Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

Follow Us
  • Facebook Classic
  • Twitter Classic
  • Google Classic

CONTACT INFORMATION

877-274-7976

info@sprinkguard.com

SprinkGUARD

55600 Evergreen Plaza Drive

Mishawaka, IN 46545

  • Facebook - White Circle
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter - White Circle
  • Instagram - White Circle
  • YouTube - White Circle

SETTING THE STANDARD IN FIRE SPRINKLER HEAD PROTECTION

Copyright © 2020 SprinkGUARD, LLC. All Rights Reserved. SprinkGUARD and its proprietary designs are copyright and trademark protected.